Aug 16, 2017 |
I don’t have my driver’s license.
I’d rather not discuss the car accident I was in that has made driving difficult for me, I mention it here just to acknowledge the source of my hang-up.
Today is the second time I’ve driven since 2009 or ’10. Every person I’ve driven with (other than my own mother) has said that I drive well and seem to handle things responsibly.
Internally this is incredibly distant from the truth, though I appreciate the positive feedback.
68°F, Partly Cloudy. Visibility couldn’t have been better, as my proper-prescription glasses lack anti-glare coating. My car lacks air conditioning, also, so the cool morning air kept me alert without distracting me.
- Shortly after waking up, but not immediately.
- Very surely dosed stimulants 1 hour prior. Would have preferred 2 hours prior but I misunderstood when my instructor would be ready.
- Took a dump right before driving. Washed my hands.
- Used red lights as opportunities to loosen my wrists and crack knuckles/elbows/shoulders/neck.
- Took regular opportunities to notice my breathing (in some cases I noticed I was holding my breath, took three measured/deep breaths to counteract it.)
- 04:31 – Awake
- 5:46 hours asleep
- Sleep quality 60%
- Following a 6.5 hour stream the previous afternoon-into-evening
- Fasted yesterday until about 20:00
- 04:35 – Out of bed
- Watched some Buffy, I’m on Season 2 now
- Compiled a list of PS3-exclusive games, I’m interested in buying another console
- Followed some new, non-Arena streamers on Twitch
- 06:00 – Stimulant dose. Request to drive. “Be ready in an hour.” Dang it.
- 07:00 – Pooped.
- 07:15 – Left the house. I intended to start a stopwatch to properly time my on-the-road duration, but the construction and trash cans bordering my exit path (and fussing with my mirrors for a few minutes) distracted me. I would have still counted this time however, once I’m seated and the car is started, I’m driving. Here are the procession of locations visited:
- local church (AKA nearest Poke -stop and -gym to me)
- local lake boat-launch (last time I drove I navigated all the side roads here to get accustomed to slow-controlling the car, today I did not)
- drove nearly all the way to work, the highway portion of my lesson today
- last session had a highway component also
- downtown to my bank, it’s not open yet, to the riverfront for a short pause
- 08:20-08:28 – Fed the ducks.
- 08:28-08:35 – Drove back to the bank, deposited excess on-hand cash. Let grouchy old truck man parked next to me to leave before me, to improve visibility.
- 08:35-09:15 – Drove home. End of lesson.
I’m feeling nauseated after the drive (useful, considering I’d like to fast anyway) but not fidgety. I’m not experiencing double-vision, and am sweating only slightly.
I’m going to do the first two boils with my new electronic kettle, so I can start using it later today when my tea infuser shows up.
oh yeah follow bashfoal on snapchat
Posted in: days report, driving, personal growth | Tags: bank, breath, breathing, buffy, car accident, drive, driven, driver's license, driving, duck, ducks, fed, feeding animals, flexibility, follow, glasses, hands, job, joints, kettle, lake, lesson, lessons, mobility, mother, nausea, nauseated, pokemon go, ps3, river, session, sessions, sleep, stim, stims, stimulant, stimulants, stretch, stretching, tea, twitch, variety streaming, variety streams, wakefulness, work, wrists