Missed a few days’ logs.
I’ve been ill, and here are possible contributing factors:
- Spent 3 days with my mom
- that house is gross
- ate their food (also gross)
- cats liked me (ew)
- mom tends to stress me out anyway
- Went to the gym when I didn’t feel up to it (workout went fine though I can find no record of it, which annoys me, I do keep track of my workouts)
- Went out drinking that night
- so all the different bars, being near oodles of strangers and vomit
- didn’t sleep before work
- Worked a 12 hour shift around even more strangers
- work had some contractors in to repair conveyor belts, which is like 70% of the factory by floor space.
- incessant beeping to ensure insanity
- I ate one of their doughnuts
- Streamed after work because I was too wired to go to bed
- ended up getting about 4 hours of sleep
- Another 12-hour shift
- slept 11 hours after this
- Monday I noticed the Friday workout record was missing, and my app suggested I de-load to avoid soreness. I disagreed.
- I totally should have done that, even though I was certain I was up to a full workout
- I couldn’t finish my squat reps, but overhead press and deadlifts went fine. I accidentally did an extra set of deadlifts because I didn’t realize the plates on the bar were 25s and not 45s.
- I only have one max set of DLs anyway, and I sort of was glad I didn’t squat so much so this didn’t wipe me out
- At some point during all of these days I started using Benzoyl Peroxide to treat a breakout. The first day of my fever I thought I only felt warm because applying this to your skin makes you more susceptible to sunburn, and I’d forgotten to apply sunscreen afterward (I lost my moisturizer and I’m too cheap to buy more.)
Tonight I am hoping to do a stream into Friday morning, do some driving practice if it is not raining, and then go to the gym.
I want to break the habit of not doing what I say I’m going to do, rather than reporting what I’ve done, but it’s a hard habit to break. I’ve done it all my life.
My arena results have been pretty terrible while sick: not a run above 6 wins (adjusted to remove “free” win.)
Posted in: days report | Tags: acne, bar, bars, benzoyl peroxide, breakout, cat, cats, deadlift, deadlifts, donut, donuts, doughnut, doughnuts, drink, drinking, fever, gross, gym, ill, illness, job, lifted, lifting, mom, mother, puke, shift, sick, sickness, squat, squats, strangers, stream, streamed, streaming, sun, sun exposure, sunburn, temp, temperature, temps, vomit, work, working, workout